This is the 2nd international school on Beam Dynamics and Accelerator technology. Particle accelerator has been a powerful thrust on scientific studies. The accelerator was used solely for nuclear and particle physics for the first several decades, but the usage was spread out to wider fields soon. That includes not only other physics field such as material physics, but also chemistry, biology, and many applications. Due to the wide variety of the accelerator usage, there is a strong demand for accelerator physicist and engineer from academic and industrial sectors. On the other hand, opportunity to study foundations of accelerator which include beam dynamics, accelerator design, key technologies, is very limited. The school curriculum is composed from two parts. The first part provides the opportunity to study foundations and the latest status of the beam dynamics and accelerator technology. The second part is the new course, Hands-on training for particle accelerator simulation. Because the accelerator simulation is a powerful tool to design the modern accelerator, it is an important skill for young researchers. The school can be a gateway entering further advanced studies on the accelerator for graduate students and young researchers in Asian region. Hiroshima university is one of the few universities in Japan which has the graduate school for accelerator study; Beam physics and accelerator group in Graduate school for Advanced sciences of matter, and HiSOR light source group have PhD courses with accelerator physics and technology. It is our honor having the 2nd International school on Beam Dynamics and Accelerator Technology in Hiroshima.
Curriculum: The school gives 4 lectures per day, from 19 to 25 October 2019. The subjects are:
The first part: Accelerator foundation
- Accelerator in Modern Science
- History of Accelerator Development
- Foundation of Synchrotron and storage ring
- Foundation of Linear Accelerator
- Beam Dynamics Foundation
- Particle Generation (electron, positron, and ion)
- Foundation of RF technology and NC Accelerator
- Super Conducting Technology for Accelerator
- Laser Technology for accelerator
- Foundation of Colliders
- Foundation of SR facility
- Foundation of FEL
The second part: Hands on training
- Introduction of particle accelerator simulation.
- Tutorial of particle accelerator simulation.
- Student exercise to design a particle accelerator.
- Summary presentations by students.
Secretary Staff (VISA, Travel, Lodging, Dietary request, etc)
Masao KURIKI, School Organizer (Organization, Curriculum, etc)
Aryshev ALEXANDER, Vice School Organizer (Organization, Curriculum, etc)