Program (Tentative program)
We will provide the following lectures:
● 4 lectures in series on Particle Physics Theory
● 4 lectures in series on Particle Physics Experiment
● 4 lectures in series on Particle Accelerator
● 4 lectures in series on Particle Detector
We also provide 4 demonstration classes for assembly of and experiments on a Wire Chamber kit.
Each slot of lectures and discussions are for 90 minutes.
Student Presentation on March 14th [9:00-11:30]
Participants are divided into 5 groups. (1 group: about 10 students)
Each group gives a presentation on assignments.
(1) Particle Physics Theory: Prof. Yutaka SAKAMURA
(2) Particle Physics Experiment: Prof. Shohei NISHIDA
(3) Detector: Prof. Toru TSUBOYAMA
(4) Accelerator: Prof. Yoshihiro FUNAKOSHI
(5) Experiment (Wire Chamber): Prof. Shoji UNO
Each Group has 30 minutes
-Presentation: 20 minutes
-Discussion: 10 minutes
Each lecturer gives some assignment(s)
Students have a time to prepare the presentation on March 11th-13th.
If participants have PCs, we recommend they carry their own PCs.
Participants are able to connect to the Internet through Wifi free of charge at Chulalongkorn University.