The venue of ISBA23 is PAL (Pohang Accelerator Laboratory) in Pohang, Korea. The following are the most common methods of transportation from overseas to Pohang. Although there is an airport in Pohang, it is not recommended due to the limited number of flights.
Access by air
Since Pohang is far away from Incheon International Airport (Seoul, ICN), we recommend you to use Pusan or Taegu international airports. You can also use a connecting flight from Incheon International Airport (Seoul, ICN) to Pusan International Airport (Busan, PUS).
In the following links, you can obtain access information from each airport.
- Incheon International Airport (Seoul, ICN)
- Gimhae International Airport (Busan, PUS)
- Taegu International Airport (Daegu, TAE)
Access by ship (Japan only)
All ships from Japan arrive at Pusan port. There are several ways of transportation to PAL, by Bus and Train. The Pusan port is very close to Busan station where you can take KTX train to Pohang via Daegu or Dongdaegu. To take an intercity bus, you should take Line 1 to Nopo Dong and walk to the Busan bus terminal. From the terminal, an inter-city bus to Pohang is operated.
Acess information from Busan terminal (Busan KTX terminal station) is found here.
- High-speed jet boat from Fukuoka to Busan (4 hours)
- Ferry from Fukuoka to Busan. A cruise from Busan to Fukuoka is an overnight cruise. (6 hours from Shimonoseki to Busan, 7 hours and 30 minutes from Busan to Shimonoseki)
- Ferry from Shimonoseki to Busan. This is an overnight cruise. (12 hours from Shimonoseki to Busan, 11 hours from Busan to Shimonoseki)
For the return journey to your home country, the following information provide possible earliest accesss to each airport /seaport. Any other case, please contact the organizer.
The detail information is available here.
To Incheon: Students should depart at 5:00 from Robby of our dormitory, and will arrive to Incheon airport at 9:33 by Taxi - KTX - express train.
To Dong-daegu: Students should depart at 4:50 from Robby of our dormitory, and will arrive to Dong-daegu airport at 6:40 by Taxi - KTX - Taxi
To Gimhae airport (Busan airport): Students should depart at 4:30 from Robby of our dormitory, and will arrive to Gimhaen airport (Busan airport) at 6:44 by Taxi - airport bus.